Monday, February 27, 2017

THE DEMISE OF THE LP ALBUM

I was all excited as I reviewed the vast collection of LP Albums in Hadley at the best Salvation Army in the World. I grabbed "Gloria" by Laura Brannigan for a song. When I checked out the friendly clerk said "fifty-two cents" please! "How low can you go I thought."


One of my music friends said "LPs have gone the ways of the clouds!"
 She's right. They border on being worthless...but wait! The artwork in a well preserved album is historic. A clever mind may tack a story on the walls of your choice!


Regardless of the fate of the LP music is still music. Remember Teresa Brewer singing 'BUT ANOTHER NICKLE IN... IN THE NICKLEODIAN' My how things have changed. From the days of old Tom Edison with his cylinder-type crank photographs things in the music world have evolved exponentially.


What's next... after voice activation? My grandkids will look at all of the above as antiques!

FATS TURNED 89 YESTERDAY!
Ain't that a shame?

No comments:

Post a Comment