Sunday, February 26, 2017

THE ICONIC VOICE OF CASEY KASEM

Professor Casey Kasem has left a legacy second to none. I know as my son Ben is top in his music class! Since the eighties Casey was Ben's Sunday brunch. Casey inculcated they young in music.


"It was 25 years ago  my dad introduced me to your program." These touching words were spread by Casey around the world. I was atop that Charlton hill listening on WBMW of Ben's Long Distance Dedication.


A little over a year later Casey read my Long Distance Dedication about bringing my sons to concerts. He also mentioned my playing 45 rpm records every noon at the North Brookfield High School gym.


Casey's messages are indelibly scribed on my country's soul. I even received a phone call from Casey, himself one December after Dan Fogelberg died. Once again Ben got on the air!


The most poignant dedication read by Casey Kasem was "The day my mother died." Somehow I would like to learn how to download these specialties on to my blog! Any ideas or suggestions?


Casey Kasem lives today on YouTube and the memory of the "Pop Music Professor" lives forever.


"Thank's Casey" and thanks for instructing the world in happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment