Thursday, February 9, 2017

BLIZZARD CONDITIONS OVER

'We got more like 18 inches than 12" said my "snow-shoveling son." Powder snow and increasing north winds have settled in as darkness took over the scene.


"I hate winter" said SonJosh as he took care of business. Snowstorms mean hardship for the elderly. My arthritic knees told me that as I shoveled a bit and kept my son company. My white mailbox was full of "gifts" from the VA. I am now on two additional drugs.. one for cholesterol the other for triglycerides. I don't know my pill count but I do know it is less than Tom Brocaw's!


I received a new pair of Driving Glasses courtesy of the red, White and Blue. I have 83 pair of broken Dollar General jobs. So what. I indoctrinated my "stolen Flight Jacket" for the season. Believe me it still fits like a glove after 50 years.


To kill time I watched some great stuff on weather satellites. Until 1960 America lived in the Dark Ages. Now, we have "cameras in the sky."


Route 9 is treated until you get into the Village... then it is good enough for an Old Fashioned Sleighride. Salem Cross Inn will be doing a land office business with rides on Sunday. I may just take a ride into the Kennedy Museum tomorrow?


Bacon and Beans and Hot Chocolate will close this blog. Thanks.















No comments:

Post a Comment