Monday, February 20, 2017

THE AFTERMATH OF THE JFK STAMP EVENT

Being prepared did pay off for me. I am old enough and wise enough to know impulse is expensive. I had invested my time wisely so when the event happened I was relaxed. My cannons were loaded. I was poised to strike and for the most part I opted to PASS.




I spent hours glued to YouTube reviewing pertinent documentaries. I have lived Kennedy since 1960... in fact I have bled Kennedy for decades. Did I cover all of the bases? I think so.




I took the LOW road knowing I was prepared. I bought a 1964 and 1991 Proof Set featuring the JFK Half Dollar. Three of the 4 books bought were given to Chase, Lily & Madeline. They each will get a First Day of Issue envelope.




I didn't feel like waiting in line so I opted to be the last. I cogitated on all of the stuff I really didn't need! I saw one postal client sporting $100 worth of framed stamps. I'm too old for this I mused. Been there done that..
..


Now I return to my office of obsolescence. Stuff everywhere. At the top of the heap is my satisfaction. Maybe it's wisdom? I just saw my picture in the Cape Cod Times. I like it. "My hair is grey, but not with age... nor grew it white in a single night!'




It will be many Moons before I have the satisfaction of this one day repeat itself. I have Cape Cod on my mind as I have had since 1964. I need some Geritol! Isn't it nice to be so "self-contained" at age 74.5. "Come, grow old with me... the best is yet to be!" ..a mess, for sure...but a satisfied mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment