Saturday, December 30, 2017

TVA ELECTRONICS AFTERMATH

AFTERMATH: + "The period immediately a usu. ruinous event The TVA Electronics Auction - Ware, MA.


Extreme cold, debilitating weather, kept spontaneous interest to an absolute minimum. Workers arrived according to Hoyle. Chairs were arranged by new worker "Martha." Joe, Manuel and Martha put the finishing touches to the event. All systems said "GO." "Game-On!


From 9:00 Am  on interest trickled in. It was 10:40 Am I quickly came to my senses: "NO INTEREST, regardless. Not good. I expanded the Preview to 11:30. 6 registered bidders, one  from Westfield, one from North Brookfield 4 from Ware.


All traditional advertising proved futile. But why? I'm an auctioneer! PRINT MEDA IS DOOMED!


In Good Faith I read my opening speech. Ronnie's sons were in attendance with wives and family. I advised my client not to stay for the auction. I'm glad I did.


'I HAVE LEARNED MORE FROM MY FAILURES THAN MY WAS SUCCESSES."


This auction attempt was aborted after 5 or 6 lots were sold to the highest bidders. Col. Bob Glass came up from Sterling, CT. To help. I huddled with my 2 advisors before cancelling the event.


The evidence reveals the Dollar Generals and Walmart are smothering and killing the Free Enterprise System with stuff. Corporate America thinks it is for the good of Americans, when in reality, it is ANETHEMA. "RAMMING THE GOAT DOWN THE THROAT" will be the Boomerang in the final analysis! The Corporation does not care!


In our "Throw-Away Society" the GIANTS are slaughtering the Mom & Pops Enterprise in every America small town.One by one the friendly store owners have been felled by the BIG SHOTS. The Little Man will be extinct in a few short years.


When I witness little Evie, Age 4, playing with an electronic cash register Santa brought her and attendant currency, I am blown away. It speaks, calculates, swipes, is voice activated. Has FAKE bills to go. I gave Evie a real dollar bill so she could compare. Absolutely amazing. This toy sells for $39.95!


My concern is for auctioneers around America. The proliferation of the Fisher-Price phenomena has built up mountains of PLASTIC..mostly worthless. On the other hand THE SALVATION ARMY  is the number one choice of shrewd consumers. WAKE UP! I am amazed and delighted with my purchases from SA.


Today's auction is the precursor for what lies ahead. I can not blame the weather, I can not blame the print media, I cannot blame Auction Zip. My signs in the window were as affective as All of the Above.


Where do we go from here? I DON'T KNOW?!


Tomorrow I travel to The Charlton Flea , Regardless.


' A SOUND MAN IS GOOD AT SALVAGE.. AT SEEING NOTHING IS LOST!'


Robert Louis Potvin
A Wise Old Man!



No comments:

Post a Comment