Thursday, December 14, 2017

TVA AUCTION - A BARNBURNER IT WILL BE!

On December 30th at 11:00 AM my auction-action will be in the town where I entered the human race: WARE, MASS. Ronald T. Bigda owner of T.V.Electronics, Main Street has hired me to sell at auction his vast inventories. Once a RADIO SHACK outlet, dozens upon dozens of NEW OLD STOCK will ride over my yellow rostrum!  In the two days Joe and Ronnie and I have uncovered amazing TREASURES worth talking about. What impresses me is the "new in the boxes" of Radio Shack goodies in addition to for everyone" as Old Langevin used to bark.
He had no couth! don't bid..Langy would get mad and throw a plate on the concrete floor into smithereens! I am not that crude! LOL.


I think I am looking for a nice Hall in Ware for staging the auction!? Know of any? Schools wills be on the Christmas break. Maybe an auditorium?


The "Potvin Boys" of Birch Hill delivered me a fantastic wood sign painted black with yellow numerals  bearing my two messages: "BLOGGER" and "AUCTIONS!" I have over 14,000 cars and truck racing by The Poodle every day SO were are getting ready for the BIG  DAY -12/30/2017.


Got all of your Christmas Shopping done? I do!


Received some materials from the LBJ Library in Austin, TX, just now. Two fantastic B&W copies of LBJ and Father Paul C. Reinert dated February 14, 1964. A lifetime ago for me, my memory of shaking "Mr. President's hand" is as lucid as if he were in the next room her in Massachusetts.


Lady Bird Johnson is quoted as saying "My husband was a NEEDED PRESIDENT! Old Lady Bird was right. LBJ enacted  passed more legislation through the Congress than any other president. Also, VIETNAM CAME ALIVE while hw served as president. There are way too many theories about Mr. Johnson' involvement in the JFK Assassination for me to resurrect the dead at this point.


Tonight is Sweet Little Sixteen. Colder than cold.


Did my shopping at Walmart early in the AM.Shook hands with an 82 year old meat butcher of Walmart from Warren, Mass.I like old people!


Wore my Woolies again today. Just lovin them. Another new old suit will be ready tomorrow at Needle & Pins Tailors in Ware! My entire wardrobe is spelled SALVATION ARMY. Are you a "Cheap Charlie" or do you have compassion for your fellow "Salvation-Types." Too many folks in America search for the "FREE LUNCH!" Peopl quibble over spare change. I get sick when I observe
Cheap Charlies" a term I observed in Vietnam. ""Number 1. or Number 10.?" DINKY-DOW


SO, Please keep warm! Dress in layers as I try to do. 70% of your body heat is lost through your cranium. Wear a hat or toque! Heat seeks cold so "tighten up your ship."


Good things happen on Friday.. So.. expect the best.


Sincerely,


Blogger-Auctioneer-Appraiser


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN, III


Home - Home - On the Range
Box 11
West Brookfield, Mass. 01535


508-867-3360

No comments:

Post a Comment