Sunday, December 17, 2017

NEW ENGLAND AIR MUSEUM

I THINK THE NEW ENGLAND AIR MUSEUM AT BRADLEY FIELD IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MUSEUM IN NEW ENGLAND!



While all museums in the World represent a place in time, aeronautical museums are most important because of their contemporary verve...their VIVACITY!


I FIND TOO MANY MUSEUM-TYPES HIDE BEHIND THEIR PhD. I too have a PHD....a Post Hole Digger!


As an estate auctioneer since 1974 I have witnessed the "self-importance" of museum-types. Sure, there are exceptions such as the great American Antiquarian Society in Worcester. Others turn me off.


While in Hong Kong in November of 1998 I visited the Space Museum where I observed a photograph of Robert H. Goddard. Nice. In 1962 Esther Goddard spoke at my Worcester Junior graduation!


The New England Air Museum affords the absolute best of everything...from bombers to balloons. Their gift shop is truly outstanding and the veteran docents tell wonderful experiences such as the two I have just blogged about.


Ancient artifacts of bygone eras seem irrelevant to the present moment. Who CARES?! All air museums through out  the world tell stories... and better yet they reveal the truth of countries.


Space-age-technologies seem to change every nanosecond. I am on my 5th SmartPhone.At age 75 I'm HIP>. In college I even wrote a Term Paper entitled "Gotham In The Air Age.".. 1963 for Dr. Steinbicker.  "VERY BADLY WRITTEN THOUGHT YOU COVERED MOST OF THE FACTS!" "c"..so what.


John F. Kennedy said at Rice University "We Choose To Go To The Moon in This Decade...." Look at where we are today!


If we are to educate our kids and grandkids we must renew Kennedy's vision. Critics of our youth simply don't understand things as their thumbs glissade over the I-Pads, etc. I delight in seeing my EVIE respond to my phone offering. Evie is 4.


Too many folks place the emphasis on the wrong syllable.


During the December School Vacation Week( Dec. 26-31) the N.E.A.M. is offering the following:


 AVIATION ART SCHOOL
BALSA WOOD AIRPLANE SHOP
LEGO FLYING MACHINE CONTEST
NOSE ART DESIGN WORKSHOP


www.neam.org
860 623 3305


Help your kids learn to HELP THEMSELVES!


Robert Louis Potvin
Estate Auctioneer
West Brookfield, MA 01585

508-867-3360



No comments:

Post a Comment