Friday, December 22, 2017

THE TRUTH ABOUT BOOKS

I have spent hundreds of dollars on books this year; I have spent pennies on books this year. The difference  is rarity versus mass production.


Once again The Salvation Army offers good books and great books for 'no money." Even at Hannaford Supermarket in North Brookfield, certain Kennedy books were $2 each. But why? Son Josh says 'People don't read books any more." Maybe.


Technologies today an whip out books in record time.China maybe prints the majority of publications. Like all businesses,  Noble Barnes carries thousands of titles. All I can tell you is HADLEY SALVATION ARMY is my bookstore. In working my way through college, employment at the St. Louis University was great. E.V. Shields liked me and helped me with an assignment: a mass mailing of lead materials in a book written about Europe's COMMON MARKET!


Just yesterday Father William B. Faherty's book entitled " MOONPORT" a history of APOLLO LAUNCH  FACILITIES and OPERATIONS." To think my Late History Professor co-authored this incredibly big history book.Father Faherty was very special to me. I excelled because he believed in me. "A" is what I earned both in college and in AUCTIONS. I even consulted with him and Dr. Miller on the CAMERON Estate at Mount Holyoke back in 1997.


Some critics tell me "you are living in the past'...Right. That's were truth is found. Nothing FAKE about being truthful.  "and miles to go before I sleep."


A bibliophile is a person who loves books. A bookie is like a selfie.We had a few in our days  and then the MASS LOTTERY came along and made gaming OKAY.








No comments:

Post a Comment