Sunday, December 31, 2017

TIME FOR SOME PORRIDGE

I love Quaker Oats! As a boy growing up in North Brookfield, steam radiators hissed as we began each winter day. My earliest days were spectacular. Melted butter on a piping-hot bowl of Quaker Oats began my day. Buttered toast from our Proctor toaster replaced the kind Judy in Enchantment-Land collects.


Nobody ever complained about the cold; we enjoyed the warmth and cold of winter. I had a Taylor Indoor-Outdoor thermometer on my bedroom wall along with my new brass anemometer. The winds blew..so what. Benny Blake used to plow for the town and in 1958 I asked Benny if I could ride with him!


A year later I rode with Freddy Charron in his Yellow Submarine Jeep plowing. Uncle Luke had a Ford Bucket type tractor. One Christmas I rode shotgun with my God-Father!


Life was good then...Life is good now. My hair did not "grow white in a single night."


Winter is Winter.. not Johnathan Winter or Winter Street.


Right now it is 6 degrees outside and 70 degrees inside. Nice. I await midnight in style. While millions will be in New York celebrating hundreds of Americans may freeze to death as they are Homeless. I don't think the media knows how to handle the homeless. I do.


All of our clocks are ticking. What are your hopes for the NEW YEAR? Clearly GOOD HEALTH is tantamount. How much do you weigh? I remain at 184 lbs. My "Battle of the Bulge" is in tact and I think I will treat myself to a steaming bowl of Quaker Oats!

No comments:

Post a Comment