Sunday, December 31, 2017

GEORGE WILL'S TAKE ON CIGARETTE SMOKING

BIG TOBACCO = LIES AND GREED

 I quit on October 7, 1968. Never put another cigarette between my lips to inhale tobacco smoke. Today, according to Will, "Smoking kills, on average 1,200 Americans. Every day. More people die every year from smoking than from MURDER, AIDS, SUICIDE, DRUGS, CAR CRASHES AND ALCOHOL COMBINED."


Big tobacco is married to  all state governments not to mention Uncle Sam, who too is a smoker! The states of Connecticut and New York suck $4.35 in each pack of Marlboros and all other brands. Missouri is basically FREE with a tax per pack of 17 cents. The state average in taxes is $1.72!


So many governments have huge stakes in a steady supply of new smokers to replace those killed by smoking."


On the personal side I have lost  friends ..Jack Swedis and Rodney Bryar, Ronnie Stackow and my father and my uncles, grand parents..... family to tobacco.
.


But the real truth isn't the killer qualities of smoking cigarettes it is the arrogance and power of "The Marlboro Man." Philip Morris USA is a branch of (Altria.)Lorillard market cigarettes under the names of Maverick, Old Gold, Kent, True and others.


Nothing stops the TOBACCO JUGERNAUT. NOTHING!.. and maybe nothing ever will."John Quincy Adams wrote in 1845 'In my early youth, I was addicted to tobacco,' So what's new?


"Much of America's health care expenses (from lung cancer, coronary artery disease, AIDS,Type-2 diabetes brought on by obesity, violence, vehicular accidents)... etc.


According to Will, only a sixth of adults smoke today compared to nearly 50% 50 years ago. Maybe that's why people are living much longer?


THE BOTTOM LINE IS THE BOTTOM LINE. YOU ONLY QUIT SMOKING ONCE!Good Luck in kicking your habit! Affirm: I AM. I CAN AND I WILL!  George Will.


Robert Louis Potvin
A Fan of George Will!



No comments:

Post a Comment