Monday, December 18, 2017

EVERY DAY IS PERFECTION FOR ME!

HAVENT  HAD A HANGOVER SINCE 1985.Have you? Haven't smoked a cigarette in nearly 50 years. Have you? Haven't missed a day of work in 40 years. Have you? Never had so much fun in my life as the "PRESENT MOMENT". Have you?


We have Free Will. Our brains are programmed with HANG-UPS. "Do this" "Don't Do that".. "What Will The Neighbors Say?"


Christmas has evolved into an amazing free-for-all. How much is enough? Not good. The material world of 2018 may deliver us a shock? Beware! Our cumulative earthly possessions are wagging our dogs. In 1947 Santa brought me a MARX train set. For many years the tracks circumnavigated our balsam trees. At least one Christmas season Dad purloined one from the NB Forest! My best Christmas as an emerging adult came in 1958. Mother was working for Brookfield Orchards grading apples for one HAMMY LINCOLN! That year Santa brought me a spiffy brown suede zippered jacket.


Christmas time was tricky for me. Some years I can recall blowing a fuse in my brain; other times was fun and then a few of the times I got drunk. In Vietnam it was absolutely horrible. Armed Forces Radio featured well-wisher recordings from the States. It got to be so melancholy I shut the goddam radio off.


Sgt. Roy Williams, a lifer with a handlebar moustache, was really hearting! The troops were at Bay until we shoved off for the Beach. Three cases of Black Label quelled our misery.. 10,000 miles away from home. Christmas really sucked.


But that was 50 years ago.. 1967. Fifty years later I enjoy a bowel of Orville's best buttered popcorn and some of Allen's cider. I don't worry about nothin'. Que sera sera.


As the big day approaches the birds of a feather will flock together. Not so sure they will be any happier than the poor souls who are HOMELESS!  A pseudo happiness is a fake happiness and I'll leave it at that.


"Above all.. TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE!"

FELIZ NAVIDAD................


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
ONE HAPPY CAMPER
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360
     

No comments:

Post a Comment