Sunday, December 24, 2017

MY DIGITAL CHRISTMAS 2017

SonJosh baked a spiral ham as humanity tries to recover from the silly spiral called Christmas. As my grandchildren texted their favorite friends, the "Amazon Mouse" delivered the goodies from house to house.It was a new experience for me!


In observing Chase, Lily, Maddie and Evelyn-Rose at play, my deepest thoughts were the future lives they will live. Regardless of the age and era, KIDS NEED TO BE DISCIPLINED. If you don't, as adults, they will not understand the word emancipation. I knew at age 20 I must fly the coop and I did!


As I have preached in the past, a Westboro attorney told me 'THE BEST THING A PARENT CAN SHOW A CHILD IS BEING INDEPENDENT." Becoming self-sufficient is good. Teach thrift. KIDS HAVE RADAR!Give the kid everything they want...spoil them to death..and you will either alienate the BRAT or have them for "life-tenancy."


The alibis and excuses I hear reveal the kind of parent you are. When I recently heard an 18 year old lady say" My mom bought me this Smart Watch for Christmas for $850.00 truly a sign of extreme spoil-dom.


My Christmas on Birch Hill was terrific. A fire gently burning in the Rumford fireplace crafted by Ed Leland in 1985 radiated warmth beyond description. Santa Potvin was good to me." Food For January' with a Hannaford Gift Card, a bottle of Shulton OLD SPICE and a stack of red towels and facecloths.


Everyone felt up despite their down ailments. A STANLEY 4 Gallon Vacuum was received. Of course upon close scrutiny came the revelation "MADE IN CHINA" and people think they are buying American. Where have all the jobs gone Joe DiMaggio?


Corporate America offers "slave jobs." Walmart, Dollar General, Dunkin Donuts and all the rest are not really offering careers they are usurping the Millennials, paying scab wages, limit the hours to avoid health benefits and delivering wonderful stock profits to those who are already rich.They are suppressing creativity Let the critics of this blog yell, scream and moan. I have Freedom of the Press! Some may agree, others may disagree.. it doesn't affect me.


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Good Citizen of the USA
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360 Anytime
















No comments:

Post a Comment