Friday, December 8, 2017

HERE I AM IN THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE!

"Howdy-Bug!"  'Howdy Yourself!"



"Uncle Skip"

Joe & Florence Kizzle..Rite Potvin & Clifford Hart

Adams Block  North Brookfield, MAss


My Classy Parents 'Joe & Rita!"

"Fenway Bob"
 
LBJ Shaking My Hand 2/14/1964 St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO

Lily-Bean & Daddy

Giv'em Hell Harry Truman


Ida LeDoux My Grandmother c. 1910?




After 7 Kids..The Poulins  1940   Note white shoes!


Father & Son  Chae & Josh

Mother Rita as a teenager..1932?

Roustabout Bob  Circque du Sole in  Boston 2002







GW


President Calvin Coolidge is quoted about being persistent. Man, I tell you, I'm one persistent SOB. It has taken me all day to get the chinks out of my armor.... and here I am! 9:35 P.M.


The buzz today is all about the snow storm coming! I say "What if it doesn't snow!?" Spin the top weather-geeks. Sons Benjamin and Joshua Byron know 'Pop's enthusiasm' as the storm brews from the south.


In iambic pentameter  "Green Leaf Whittier" wrote:


SNOW - BOUND
My book is original..1872!


" The sun that brief December day
Rose cheerless over hills of gray,
And, darkly circled, gave at noon
A sadder light than waning moon.
Slow tracing down the thickening sky
Its mute and ominous prophecy,
A portent seeming less than threat,
It sank from sight before sit set."


Poet John Greenleaf Whittier recounts the life of a boy
growing up in Haverhill, Massachusetts long before space-heaters and heat pumps. His message is timeless. It is a visceral memoir profusely illustrated with Mama "Spinning" and kids playing "Pin The Tail on the Donkey." My antique treasure captures a vivid telling the way it was right after our Civil War ended.


JGW's message evokes the best in my Winter Spirit. The worse a snow-storm gets the more I get enthused. A falling barometer and thermometer.. so what.. I just change my metrological attitude.  "Boys..A Path!" extolls POPS. The whole lengthy poem is pure.  No salt on the roads.................................. just a witches brew simmering on the trammel holding the cast iron caldron! If you are interested in seeing one here in West Brookfield just scoot over to the Historic Salem Cross Inn! I did last Friday.. Awesome, Baby.


A sleigh ride? Take the baby and grab the "Old Lady" on Sunday. You may see ne riding the pung. Nothing will be finer than a little "white stuff." The stouthearted endure and enjoy as singer Anne Murray's Snow Birds leave like a tree>.


I have three hyacinths growing in my back room. The redolent aroma of hyacinths is better than a gallon of Channel # 5! Amaryllis is another favorite of mine. See Miranda Allen at the Belchertown Flower Shops on route 20 in South Hadley.


I will crank up my fav Christmas Music   RAY CONNIFF..."We Wish You A Merry Christmas!"


The secret to Christmas-time is to throw yourself into the season. I do! No time for self-pity when you give. Give not only presents but your time...."Only the Lonely" as Roy sings.


10:00 PM Observations: cloudy, calm, 30 Degrees F. The calm before the Storm.




No comments:

Post a Comment