Wednesday, December 6, 2017

GOLD IS GOLD!

Yesterday's New York Times has a feature article on marriages that went awry. The latent gold engagement ring with a set diamond  can cause much emotion in a divorce. Men have confided in me "I threw my wedding ring in the brook!" I can sympathize as I have been divorced two decades, almost!


My first encounter with owning gold coins came in 1966. Irving Ephraim taught me well. His profound statement in saying "Gold Is Gold" set me straight from the get go. Upon returning from a year at the University of Vietnam the idea of owning more gold made sense. I built a nice collection of $5.00, $10.00 and $29.00 gold pieces. Then I fell in love and he gold I owned went to buy an engagement ring.


As the years went by gold began a climb of unbelievable proportions When the billionaire Hunt Brothers tried to capture the world silver market in 1979.  rode the Magic Carpet with the Texans.


In estate matters I began my auction prowess by availing myself to the public. Since 1974 I have been an auctioneer. Now, after a 29 year hiatus I'm pack full of "pis and vinegar!"


Son Josh and Chase are working on a Blogger/Auction sign to compliment my "Potvin Gold" sign which cost me $800. Remember, you never get a second chance to make a good first impression! OK Google. LOL.


As Chase has begun training with "POPS" gold is easy to understand


PURE GOLD IS .999 FINE 24k.It is of and malleable .
American gold pieces are 21.6 K
Jewelry may be 18K, class Rings 10, K, or 14k. Usually it will bear a marking inside the ring.


If you are looking for money look in your jewelry box! Mike Audette once said to me "Bob, it's found money." Gold digger Mike Lee" has unearthed hundreds of dollars in his metal detecting prowess. Don't put your gold crown under pillow sell the gold as it usually is 16K.


The term "Acid Test" means the gold stood up to the ways of Nitric Acid. There are other menthods as in using a magnet. Gold repels magnetic forces.


When you are ready I am ready. I have sold in many markets from Williamstown to Worcester and find BOSTON the best market. I can give a cash advance to you and 24 hour turn around will give you P>O>M>G.  Peace of Mind Guaranty. Gold is expedient as GOLD IS GOLD, regardless. Today's Price of Gold  is $1,263 an ounce. The price is set in London twice a day in the FIXING. Silver is $16.11 an ounce.


POTVIN GOLD IS A NAME YOU CAN TRUST!


Very truly yours,




Col. Robert Louis Potvin
Estate Auctioneer License # 2,000
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585





 

No comments:

Post a Comment