Saturday, December 8, 2018

REMEMBERING J. IRVING & JANE ENGLAND

Upon returning to the Brookfields in 1978 I came to know the Englands. Irving was THE driving force in the West Brookfield community. As owner of BROOKFIELD MACHINE, Mr. England truly left his mark 30+ years later. He was my mentor and now I share his "report card" to my Blair House enterprise. In a note dated 8/24/1984 he writes:

'Bob ..A class sheet like this ( my auction flyer) is a builder and a salesman for your future. I have been doing this for 35 years - it takes time  you must be patient. It will develop faster than you expect.'

"This picture with brown tone located where it is on this flyer is choice. It  a picture is worth a 1000 words."
SPECIAL FRIENDS

I.E.  8/28/1984

N.B. MR. England was West Brookfield. He was totally civic minded in his lifetime and thereafter. He was a giver. The Rice Memorial Fountain restoration in 1985 was his doing. England sponsored the Boy Scout troop. In business he was a perfectionist. As  photographer Mr. England documented many activities in black & white.

He once saved silver quarters and had amassed 3,000, "never needed the money" when silver hit $50.00 an ounce.

J.Irving England, a Yankee with French-Canadian roots on his mother's side was my main man.



He guided me into this 1982 MB!





No comments:

Post a Comment