Friday, December 7, 2018

A VERY COLD FRIDAY

The sky was as blue as it could get.. without clouds. The chill has more than penetrating yet it was business as usual. Now that our beloved president has been laid to rest  things got done.

My focus today was to get my HP printer back on line. I did that by buying a package of ink 952 - blue.. red.. yellow for about seventy dollars. earlier I visited Kemp-nut at his Christmas-tree stand at the Cider Mill on Route 9 WB. Business is brisk and the bargains are obvious. The USA Today had a clip saying $75 is the average price for a real tree. I also took back my articles from Staples. Maybe scanning problems?

SonJosh drove me to Lowe's in Ware. This colossal hardware store blows me away. It is as big as a military hangar in Oakland! Then it was to Quaboag Regional for a b-ball game with my star grandson - Chase Robert. The boys defeated Oxford without any real problem.

My winter-television thing is good. The Smithsonian Channel does a splendid job keeping me interested. How about you? Any favorites?

The long range weather forecast seems to be cold, colder, coldest! At least don't have to shovel the cold.

Enjoy your weekend my friends.

Aerial Hawaii is playing right now. Wouldn't it be nice to be walking the beaches right now?

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
A STOUTHEARTED NEW ENGLANDER
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585





No comments:

Post a Comment