Thursday, December 20, 2018

MY THURSDAY - A DAY OF RECEIVING, GIVING AND OBSERVING

The fine December weather came to a screeching halt today. It seems everybody in the world was out Christmas shopping. Not me! I observed three stores in Sturbridge: Marshals, Walmart and Stop & Shop. Marshals wins the prize for  "over-stocking" like you wouldn't believe. There is a stuffed pony for sale for only $600. Carriages were overflowing with gifts.

Next, ay Stop & Shop, once again carriages were full, full, full. It is not buy one and get one free it is BUY 10 boxes of crackers! Americans are truly gluttons as evidenced by the NBC News on obesity. Fat-so is putting it mildly.

A cash Christmas gift touched my heart. A bottle of Johnny Walker Black  went to my man who keeps me looking good. Life is about giving and receiving. The poor Salvation Army bell-ringer always gets a small donation from yours truly. I don't think the public is that generous in this regard!

Saw SonJosh and his newer black Toyoto Horizon. Nice! My old Honda got some attention in gluing the windshield gasket thanks to Kemp-Nut.

Chase played basketball at Quaboag against Millbury and lost a close one.

Based on my observations of the retail industry most of the buying public have lost the true meaning of Christmas and gift giving.

In other matters Washington, DC is like we've never seen it before.Good Luck, "Donald."

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
AN APPRECIATIVE BROTHER
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585

No comments:

Post a Comment