Friday, February 22, 2019

UNCLE ALBERT & JIMMY STURR POLKAS

Uncle Albert loved polka music! He was a fan of Jimmy Sturr Orchestra which appears weekly on the RFD Channel at 7:00 pm on Fridays. Each week I watch this show as it reminds me of my uncle.

We think of polkas being of Polish descent but many, many countries employ this happy music. On Sundays WARE Radio has a polka program and I admit that I listen to it from time to time.

My Friday was quiet. I did go to Sturbridge and North Brookfield for gas and drugs. The sun is getting stronger and soon we'll be out of February. I was tempted to have the Honda washed but that's all...for Sunday's forecast is for inclement weather.

It seems all of the news today is scandalous. Not good.

Moderate temperatures right now: 30 degrees.

Nothing special planned for tomorrow but there is a coin Show on Sunday in Devens, MA. Seton Hall Univ. plays tomorrow night at MSG against St. Johns University.\ "Fasten your seatbelts!"!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Polka King Jimmy Sturr


No comments:

Post a Comment