Monday, February 25, 2019

MY OBSERVATORY - SNUG AS A BUG IN THE RUG!

The hurricane of late February 2019. I devour meteorological phenomena. Never before in recent times have I observed such forceful winds! And to beat things, the windchills are sub-zero to the skin.

Here's the idea: We can bitch, pis and moan about this happening or we can be on the alert. Too many implications to what may happen over night! I live in 3 rooms: Office, Bedroom and kitchen. I have all new replacement windows and the pad is truly up to snuff with insulation and other weather offensives. Clearly big houses imply big everything.

Grandson Chase Robert just gave me his peak gust of 44 mph. I have recorded winds gusts sof 65 and 73 mph while living on Birch Hill. The highest winds ever experienced came on July 4, 1963 while working atop Mt. Washington in the hotel: 90 mph! I had to throw my body in the wind or would have been blown away.

Tonight's news will be all about the wrath of Mother Nature. Batten
down your hatches!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment