Saturday, February 23, 2019

ELIZABETH WARREN - THE SELFIE CANDIDATE

Just finished watching a live broadcast of Senator Warren at Plymouth State University, New Hampshire! Despite the controversary with this lady at hand, I enjoyed seeing the interaction with college students and the topics she spoke about!

Hearing aids were one. Something like 35-40 million Americans have a hearing loss. Huh? Well, the bad news is folks go without and shouldn't. The sophistication of smartphones is way, way ahead of the things that goes in our ears! Fortunately I qualify for hearing devices for free as I am A U.S .Army veteran.

Student loans was another topic. How in hell did we get into this mess? My college loans of 55 years ago totaled less than $3,000... and my dad didn't want to co-sign! I impressed with Joseph E. "an education will be my ticket!" And you know what? It was.

Senator Warren talks about the corrupt drug industry. Case at point Hannaford Pharmacy is ripping off those who have no insurance coverage. Generic drugs rule the roost. I don't appreciate this corporate squeeze.

Yes, the 2020 presidential race is on and it is anybody's guess who will end up at 1600 PA Ave, DC? We will be entertained big time in the ensuing months ahead.

Another observation is the Venezuela/Brazil situation. The world is chuck full with events as they happen. It is obvious poverty prevails at the borders! It is theater, plain and simple. As VP Dick Cheney said to me 20 years ago "Bob, the world is a bad place.!" Veritas.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment