Tuesday, February 19, 2019

MOON BEAMS FROM LONG HILL

Surreal. This is the only I can relate seeing the Snow Moon rise across the Quaboag Valley. The skies were clear and at the appointed second this miracle of the skies began growing. Initially it was orange. Bigger and bigger a full, full moon began its journey. I followed the rise, initially from the summit of Long Hill. By the time I got back to town I was amazed to see this lunar spectacle, now appearing almost white in color.

Historically, the moon has been the intrigue of astronomers even before Christ. Eclipses were recorded some 1,200 years BC according to my Google Home Hub!

Perigee and apogee describe the moon from its closest position (now) to its furthest. And to think man was smart enough to build rocket ships that got us to the moon and back! 12 astronauts have traveled to the moon.

Hopefully every reader will have the chance to experience what I did tonight. This, my friends, is the 'dream of the ages!' What will we do next?

"OVER THE MOUNTAIN OVER THE SEA! I SEE THE MOON.. THE MOON SEES ME!" SUNG BY THE MARINERS 1953! Thanks to Google Home Hub.
 
Moon rise tonight from Long Hill WB



ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
First viewing at 5:32 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment