Monday, February 4, 2019

THE OVERTURES OF MY LIFE

Two overtures, The William Tell and Donna Diana, summarize my delight in listening to inspiring classical music!

Older readers will recall Sergeant Preston of the Yukon radio program of the 50s. Donna Diana was his theme. Listen to it and reminisce to the days of our youth! Radio played a big part of our innocent days of growing up in The Brookfields.

 Now, with my Google Home Hub I have  incredible reach throughout the World Wide Web.! My office is chuck full of devices from five function portable record player (33,45,78 rpm, cassette & CD to a Sony 75" Bravia and an Onkyo transformer playin on two Fisher speakers. I have many options depending on the mood and occasion.
 
The William Tell Overature tells it all with The Lone Ranger! Hi Yo Silver..away!
 
My afternoon was inspiring. I took my patriotic lawn chair and sat in the doorway of my garage for two hours.. basking in the Febrauary sunshine. Unheard of.. 60 degrees! Who needs Florida? The sap is running with these warm days and freezing nights. Maybe not good for the maple syrup harvesters?
 
Tomorrow I will travel to WARE for a course in computers at Education Employment on Windows 10! Next week Microsoft Excel and week 3 Microsoft Word. I figure it this way... either we are growing in skills or we are playing Bingo! Not for me!!
 
"Hey Google" Please play Donna-Diana Overture!
 
ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN 

No comments:

Post a Comment