Friday, February 1, 2019

FRIDAY - A VERY BUSY DAY IN STURBRIDGE

A NORTH BROOKFIELD TRADITION

This has been my lucky day!

First, I received some mail from the Bush Family in Texas acknowledging my letter of sympathy. It is noblis oblige  of the rich and famous to answer their mail. Now I have collectibles to go with my medal!


 
My adventure at Stop & Shop - Sturbridge revealed a new way of shopping for me. As I  inquired how I could obtain a portable Motorola price scanner. Voila. It is a state of art gizmo that reads the bar code, posts the price, shows how much you saved and posts a running total! I love it! I did prepare a list so I would keep on track and avoid impulse buying. I figured iF I spent $100 my need for food in a week or two would be satisfied. Well, guess what? the total came to $99.65!
 
Next at the self-checkout I scanned my "toy" and it read the total. Next I inserted my debit card and BINGO! Expedient and exacting. The slip shows I saved $31.97. Amazing grace! It was fun and I am dazzled by the experience. Stop & Shop is a cash cow.
 
 As I have been shopping for a new pair of sneakers, my luck continued at Marshall. A pair of Merrell slip-on shoes with a fantastic VIBRAM soles. The yellow trade mark gave the shoes away. "Arctic Grip Wet ice technology. Great! Now I have a pair of snow tires for my feet! My PRICE WAS $40 and my research on Amazon tells me this manufacturer is pricey.. maybe $100? Such a deal.
I also bought my shower curtain, rod and mat. Total at Marshalls $70. I tanked up with some cheap gasoline - $2.239/ gallon..
 
Next stop was an oil change at Ken's Citgo in EB. Gone up in price. $27 and change. Earlier I had  Rhonda Honda in for a "bath." $8.00. I swear I'm the only clean car or truck on the highway!
 
Just got through watching Polka King Jimmy Sturr on RFD-TV. Every Friday night I enjoy a little Polish music as my Uncle Albert introduced me to playing polkas on his portable record player when I was three! I have always enjoyed polka music.
 
At 8:30 pm the weather is still cold at 9 degrees. The snow cover obviously adds to radiational cooling.
 
All's well that ends well!
 
ROBERT LOUIS POTVINJ
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment