Monday, February 11, 2019

A DELAY IN MY REPORTING


I was going to post all of the winter storms found documented in Mother's weather diary. But why? Winter can be depressing and the hype of all the weather related news just makes things less appealing!

In reviewing the 25 years of weather reports of mother Rita I find the most important winter storm came in 1977.. and I quote: "Major storm.. 30 hours without electricity..45 degrees in house!"

It was then and there my parents vowed never to experience it again. THEY BOUGHT A PARLOR WOOD BURNINHG STOVE.  Their life-styles changed their living habits. The living room became the focal point of my family. Everything was moved around and soon dad found a fascination in burning wood. The smell of ash was alluring.

Maybe we all should take inventory in how we endure the cold weather? The written diaries of Rita Ida Poulin Potvin will be handed down to her great grandchildren.

Regardless of the hype of it all.. Spring is just around the corner. But WHAT CORNER!?

The reality of winter is simple... like life... we have good days and bad days. It is how we react to the moment that counts. Some folks are glued to the boob tube.. others love reading a mystery.. Outdoor-types like skiing. I enjoy peace and quiet. My new Google Home Hub is absolutely amazing! Best $100 I ever spent! Are you with the program? You better be.LOL.

Snowbirds take note: Nothing can take the place of "Winter in New England!" We are Stouthearted!

It is quite obvious we are nowhere near Spring here in the Brookfiields.

I saw my friend and brother Deny Long for a visit this pm. Also mailed out two important documents to St. Louis and the Spellman Museum of Philately...a good day, indeed! Let it snow I say!
 
THE ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN  LOL
 

No comments:

Post a Comment