Monday, February 25, 2019

POWER LINES

Experiencing high winds brings to mind of the integrity of all power lines ranging from telephone to electricity to cable TV. There are a dozen such lines out side my door and as the gale force winds gust, the power lines sway to the rhythm of the bowing trees. It is amazing.

While power outages make the news , the veracity of these lines is miraculous. My yard is full on broken pine bows. Never have I experienced such winds in years. But to think how the power lines don't succumb is super.. for these lines bring us the world...lights, internet, heat, whatever.

Power came to the Brookfields from Palmer about 100 years ago. The innocence of two wires has grown to amazing wonders called The Grid. At any price,
power is a deal. Just try to go without it! Solar and wind sources are growing but the fossil fuels are the biggest source.

Our lives are electric. Switches innocently connect us any where at any time. OK   Reddy Kilowatt!

ps. As a boy of 4 or 5 I put my finger in an open socket and got a shock. I began crying as I feared my death! My folks were quick to tell me that an electrical shock is much different from a human shock.. But then, that is when I had a shock of curls! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment