Sunday, February 25, 2018

WHEN I WEIGHED 214LBS.

One secret of longevity may come in watching your weight. I just found a document in my PC dated July 26, 2009. 'As a younger man I was always active in my work and sustained a weight in the 180s.. Now I am 214lbs!"


This morning I weighed in at 185lbs. This means I have "shed" 29lbs since 2009. What's my secret? I EAT LESS. But my weight-watching goes far beyond this. I eat 3 meals a day and rarely "PIG OUT."  All winter my treat has been microwave popcorn.


I rarely drink sodas. I like high-sugared orange juice and supplement it with Allen's Sweet Cider from their mill. I love 1% Low Fat milk. I don't drink as much water as I should.


Ice cream has been a 'No-No" all winter. I try to look at the sugar content of drinks.


I feel I have conquered being obese. Losing weight is cognitive. Being "fat - dumb  & happy"  can prove to be anathema in the long run. FIBER-ONE cereal works. While I love my sweets I know "when to say when."


No alcohol since 1985; no cigarettes since you know when. I think I have earned my grade of "A". I give lots of credit to Sue Burchman at the Worcester VA MOVE program. Sue taught me how to read the labels.


With summer coming I think it's a good time to lose weight. Don't you?


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
"WEIGHT-WATCHER"
BOX 11
WEST Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360



No comments:

Post a Comment