Tuesday, February 13, 2018

MY VALENTINE STORY

In 1987 I was hired by Shawmut Trust and Norman J. Richardson to remove an incredible estate for auction from Westminster. The name of "Whitney" surfaced as the premier maker of Victorian Vallentines for the trade. And trade it was.


Under a striped red and white tent I auctioned off everything from a new Plymouth sedan to an incredible copy of a Binns printing of the Declaration of Independence!


Amongst the ephemera were original copies of Valentines. I was not a stranger to these as Annie Wright had given me some as a boy. My antique roots were neighborly. That's why I like antiques today!


I think flowers are the best Valentines Day gifts next to diamonds.Most of all we must remember family and friends at this pivotal time of Winter. Thank God there's no Valentine's Day Blizzard or Massacre. OMG.


So 'Let us have wine, women, mirth and laughter'.. Will you be mine? LOL


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment