Monday, February 26, 2018

LBJ - THE MOVIE Woody Harrelson A+

I have seen LBJ and Woody Harrelson in person! I now have seen the movie LBJ in the confines of my political theater. My librarian Holly T gave me preferential treatment in handing  me this 97 minute DVD  just now. Now I write my review.


The opening scenes are not for Christians. LBJ's style is raw, real and riveting. I just love it. Historically I feel Producer, Rob Reiner, did as fine job in paying attention to the details. As a JFK/LBJ 'expert' the movie came across as real.


While it has taken over 50 years for the Vietnam diatribe to fade away, this movie skirts Vietnam totally. The only war Johnson deserves credit on is the War on Poverty and that didn't last long.


My collection of JFK/LBJ political artifacts brings my Office to life. Having shook LBJs hand twice I had a visceral experience of the highest order. Johnson was real. LAdy Bird exclaimed "LYNDON WAS A NEEDED PRESIDENT!"... and that he was.


He was a colossus. If you still are interested why not view the American Experience LBJ Part 1. and Part 2? Narrator David McCullough does a fine job in revealing this TEXAN as no other portrayal can equal. "All the way with LBJ,"





Mike! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment