Tuesday, February 13, 2018

MY LIFE'S DREAMS ARE BEING FULFILLED.

As I drive by my Dream Home on Birch Hill and onto Josh and Heidi's estate two houses away the thought occurs to me my life is good. Fifty years ago tomorrow I received my ETS from Uncle Sam. I had served my Country, saw half of the world and was ready to get on with things.


I was no "wing nut." We hadn't landed on the Moon yet and my Aetna Salary was a whopping $7,700 a year. I was given a new 1968 Chevrolet Bel-Air and being "on the road was my domain. I have always liked nice clothes and LuJon provided me a fine Avant-Guard wardrobe.


Baseball was in my veins and Fenway Park was my second home. In 1972 and 1974 Ben and Josh came along. Raising two boys was a delight. From walking the shore at Scituate and Peggotty Beach to riding the Carousel at Bushnell Park, Hartford, my life continues to flower. Quantum leaps to independence allows me to continue to "Self-Actualize."


Watching Ben and Josh grow in their life's learning continues to "ring my chimes. Providing my men a Seton Hall University education assures a life of grand achievements. Showing my sons the USA.. almost 50 states polishes their worldly educations. Now with insurance careers at The Hartford and The Principal Financial Group, suddenly my children are leaders amongst their peers.


Five grandchildren says it all. Chase, Lily, Madeline, Evelyn and Savannah Hope assure five of the brightest stars in the universe.


As for myself I continue to grow. While nice things are nice they are not necessary to my good health and well being. I try to live simply in my sophistication. I weighed 172 lbs in 1966 when Drafted dropping to 150 lbs in my return to Vietnam to the present moment of 184 50 years later. The most important act of my life came on October 7, 1968, in QUITTING CIGARETTE SMOKING.


While I cannot forecast the future, per se, seeing my life's dreams fulfilled encourages me to no end. How ae your dreams?






1903 NB Center

No comments:

Post a Comment