Monday, February 19, 2018

KENNEDY AS OUR BEST PRESIDENT

Nobody had any premonition as to the legacy JFK  would leave, or did they? After reading all of the "experts" analysis of the Presidency I disagree with them all except for NIXON.


Kennedy was our Space-Age President. I lived at Cape Canaveral in the winter of 1999 and observed first hand what it was like. My. Professor, William B. Faherty visited and even stayed with me for an overnight. "MOONPORT, A History of Apollo Launch Facilities and Operations" is near and dear to me.


President John Kennedy had the Irish Blessing.: the gift to gab and the eloquence of a first class orator. Orators of yesteryear can never be rated as the scratchy voices of TR, Wilson, Coolidge and others will really never be known. It was with FDR and his famous fireside Chats that captured the imaginations of Millions of Americans.


Truman and Eisenhower were tired old farts.


Kennedy was a Hollywood President. His Bostonian accent embellished his messages.


In preparing for this blog I have watched for the umpteenth time, this time on U-TUBE "Years of Lightening Day of Drums." I highly recommend this documentary as it personifies JFK as we would like to remember him. The black veil of Jackie demonstrates her amazing courage in the unforgettable 4 days in November 1963.


Human rights, the Space Race, and all other programs of Uncle Sam would never be if it wasn't for Kennedy. Lyndon B. Johnson followed through by saying "I Will out Kennedy, Kennedy." He too was amazing in passing Landmark legislation!


We are today, 54 years later, living in a miracle. I like it. Do you?



ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
A JFK DISCIPLE


No comments:

Post a Comment