Friday, February 2, 2018

MY MINIATURE MUSEUM OF MEANINGFUL MEMENTOES

I have always posted meaningful manuscripts and memories of my past. These serve as reminders of bygone moments. As my life changes my posting changes. Presently I have walls revealing so much of my life. In particular are documents from the U.S. Army and attendant photos. Reading these make me feel good.


I get my ideas by visiting political museums such as the Edward M. Kennedy Institute and JFK Museum and Library in Boston. Museums serve two reasons.. to display and instruct. Same with my little "space." My keepsakes are many although I have sold specific items in the past. The best keepsake was a Benjamin Franklin autographed letter I sold 30 years ago for $3,500.00!


Fame can be valuable to dealers and collectors. Collecting can be fun; wheeling and dealing can be "funner." Historic photographs make my museum interesting.  Things tell my story and the trinkets of yesterday are the moments of tomorrow.


So what are your cherished items from the past? Dig them out, polish them, and share them with family and friends. I do! Josh calls them my "shrines." I call them PRICELESS!






No comments:

Post a Comment