Monday, February 5, 2018

THE SEEDS OF BEETHOVEN'S MUSIC

I wasn't yet 20 years old when Mr. Cooke introduced me to Beethoven's symphonies. I had no rime or reason to be interested in "long-haired" music as dad called it.


One Saturday while visiting Diana in the Cooke Mansion I was lured into the living room by the symphonic sounds of Beethoven. "If you can name it I'll shut it off, Bobby." Nearly 60 years later the Pastoral Symphony # 6 Of Beethoven awakened me at 3 this morning!


Classical music comes on at 11:00PM on WCFR -FM 88.5 Amherst and plays until 5:00 AM. This night the catchy opening to the 6th tested my memory, instantaneously. I knew it was Beethoven instinctively! Tonight it has been an "All Beethoven evening."


YouTube gives me some of  what I want, from the Beatles to Beethoven and if you could see what its like on a 75" Smart-TV, you too would rave.


I try to mix life up, especially in the winter months and for good reason. Now it's to the Auburn Honda dealer in the Morning for an air-bag recall. Then to the Worcester VA to pick up JFK posters I loaned them in November.


Wednesday, you know what!: FROSTY THE SNOW MAN. Fast forward to the Winter Olympics from South Korea. SB amazing "in living color."


LEARN YOUR BEETHOVEN SYMPHONIES!


#3= Eroica #5 The Fate  #6 = Pastorale #7 "The apotheosis of dance" #9 "Choral"


Sincerely yours,




ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Beethoven Fan
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA


508-867-3360 Anytime



No comments:

Post a Comment