Wednesday, February 21, 2018

THE WHITE HOUSE Take 2

For some unknown reason my White House entry fell between the cracks.


By all accounts our beloved White House is America's best antique structure. I was watching First Lady Jackie Kennedy's tour of February 14, 1962. I remember it well. Better yet, over my life of 75.5 years, I have learned the many nuances of American antiquity.


The possessions are either owned or on loaned by museums or families. It is something we all can be proud as Americans.


Detailed numbers of the White House are staggering. Situated on 18 acres according to Wikipedia, the White House has 132 rooms. There are 35 bathrooms and 28 fireplaces. Amazing.


Little things we rarely hear about are their 3 elevators, 1 bowling alley, a theater, a jogging track, a swimming poll and a putting green.


Some 30,000 visitors come every week! This spring in Cherry Blossom time it would be fun to take the tour! After all  it's our house, too!


Check out Mrs. Kennedy's guided tour on YouTube. I did!


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN



No comments:

Post a Comment