Monday, February 26, 2018

THE NEW QUABOAG BOOK SHOP W. BROOKFIELD

Books are not an endangered specie. Books are alive at the Quaboag Book Shop on Route 9 in West Brookfield! I have been a customer of the Book Bear for some 40 years and enjoy shopping from time to time.


My latest acquisitions include "Baseball" by Ken Burns and a Victorian wonder with gilded edges, front & back, and a ton (39 count) of etchings of Byron's Ladies like I have never seen before. This book.. entitled 'The Byron Gallery' is one of the finer purchases in my entire life! The inside page is inscribed in black ink "Merry Christmas from Cuz"


 Will, December25, 1879!" It was copyright in 1871.


The new owner, Jay Horgan, invites you to browse around if you are a bibliophile or not. Jay's new business card reads 'Used, Rare and Out of  Print Books..bought, Sold, Traded.' The shop hours are Wed-Sunday 10:00 - 6:00 PM. Located on Route 9, West Brookfield, beyond the center of town.


In my case of my "BYRON GALLERY" you can judge the book by it's cover!




ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Bibliophile
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360 Anytime






No comments:

Post a Comment