Monday, February 1, 2016

NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARY

I am no stranger to the New Hampshire Primary! In 1992 I met Concord Lawyer, Richard Upton who gave me a published article of Feb 28, 1984 which said amongst other things "My principal objective was to make the primary more interesting and meaningful to the New Hampshire voters of each party, so there would be a greater voter turnout and the delegate would receive more truly representative  of public sentiment."

The first New Hampshire primary was held in 1952. The NH primary is one bellwether to the keys to the White House. Many will follow.. Today, Iowa has the attention of the free world. Next Tuesday it will be on the Granite State. Today, I mixed a trip to Boston and Mass General Hospital with a reach to Concord. It didn't long for me realize the Capitol was my focus. All along the way from entering the historic building as every one steered me in the right direction!

New Hampshire government is most refreshing. I have been there in 1992 and quickly found myself at home....outside the governors office.

I must admit I have been out of the loop for years. My blogger credentials caused an interest and soon a young man, "Director of Citizen Services"














Ben Belanger invited me into the chamber, a place I recall from 1992..From the get-go Benjamin II (Son Benjamin is I) we were amazingly responsive to each others needs an curiosities. We are kindred spirits with similar credentials.

I LOVE NEW  HAMPSHIRE!

The month is new and the weather is cooperating. I truncated my Concord visit for I decided my mission was complete with this one stop with Ben II. No visit to Christa's Museum. I even saw some "moon rocks" on display with a small Allen Shepard display. The moon rocks are the size of Mickey Mouse's eyeballs. LOL. Tiny, but superb in meaning and purpose.

Interstate 93 thins out the further north I traveled. The breathtaking White Mountains in the distance reminded me of the month I worked atop Mount Washington in 1963 as an assistant cook. The Cog steam engines, the hissing of steam tells me someday I will return.



Governor Maggie Hassan was first elected in 2004. The governor can be justifiably proud of what New Hampshire stands" "Yankee pride."  The LIVE FREE OR DIE vanity plates are cheaper than Massachusetts. The best one I saw today was my BLOG Massachusetts plate. Sorry. LOL.

I am going to wait until next Monday to visit New Hampshire, again. It will surely be "where the action is."..Trump and all. Only saw one Trump sticker and several Sanders. I am not a gambler so beware....next Tuesday... stranger things have happened. Just ask G.H.W.B!

No comments:

Post a Comment