Monday, February 1, 2016

ME AND DICK CHENEY

 I was considering a run for Congress back in 1999 and seized the moment to chat with VP Dick Cheney at the University of Wyoming at Laramie. In no uncertain terms a druggist told me" you see this man for direction and advice. First we met in the hallway before being seated at the Veteran's breakfast.


I shook his hand and explained 'I learned a word from you: pejorative! He smiled. I told him how a person told me to see you!


Moments later I was seated with the man who would be Vice-President in 2 years. Amazing. It was a star-studded table of celebs. The Simpsons were there and the Secretary of the Army to my left... a nice young man.


Cheney was the guest speaker with a message that toughed my heart and soul: Y BIGGEST FEAR IS THE UNITED STATES DOES NOT LEARN FROM HER MISTAKES.


Clearly Dick Cheney had no inkling of 9/11/2001. His message has haunted me to this day. He gave me advice on running." The best time to run for any office is when the Incumbent is out. I ran as an Independent, garnered 5,000 votes in my home District of the First Congressional in Massachusetts. At the time Mr. Cheney worked for Halliburton.


I think most Republicans are a hell of a lot different than Democrats. today, in this topsy-turvy world of 2016 it is anybody's guess. Apathy? I won't go any further as I am ready to watch the Returns from Iowa. Stay tuned.. "And  Goodnight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment