Friday, February 19, 2016

MY MASTERS OF LIFE DEGREE

There are some who get hung up with life. Their advanced degrees in anything are important I guess. Then, there are those from the College of Hard Knocks.. but the great equalizer is leveling life's playing field"  with the the computer! In my trip to Boston today I saw everybody from a new Lady Gaga at Mass General to my "old red head friend" Faye Raferty.  and Honour..




OOOPS
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
YOU'VE GOTTA BELIEVE!






 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
These folks are real, these folks are compassionate and they are my friends.

I admit I am quick on my toes. This is my choice. There is little rust on my soul. Strangers become my friends with just a smile, a hug or a handshake. All the way into Boston I did not listen to news, music or talk-radio.I listened to" LEAD THE FIELD." Earl Nightengale was my mentor and still is my mentor in self development.

I am learning my age has nothing to do with the PRESENT MOMENT. Sure, I may move a little slower and an insidious ache in my cervical spine tells me I'm human Massachusetts General Hospital is one happening place. I am a people watcher as I sit waiting for my drugs. Today, a beautiful young lady came up to me and recognized my Vietnam service. This family conversation lasted for over an hour. The concept of "Vietnam" is universal.

As Barbara Streisand sings "People Needing People" rings my blogging chimes at age 73.555. I'm hip. Sorry. Conversations get into high gear when people know you care. I once had an Aunt Kay who used my services in handling my uncle's estate...."Bobby... you cared!" When life's chips are down many go out to sea. As the old saying goes "you know who your friends are."

Earlier in the day my second set of blog plates were received. I am truly amused and gratified by staking claim to this baby last August. The plate is my signature. In time it will thrust me further into the blogosphere. You must remember  I flunked typing in high school . Now I blog. Some people get hung up with the fact I have not earned one dollar to date. But I'm patient. SOMEDAY.

This New England weather is miraculous. No real frost in the ground. No fishing derbies? No kidding.

But back to my opening argument: today is the beginning of the rest of your lives. So what are you going to do? Take up underwater bee bee stacking? I am working on my vocabulary. Roget's Thesaurus of Words for  Intellectuals says it all.I also have a Medical Dictionary at my side in case I get sick. LOL. We all need to turn 'new pages of courage" and when you least expect it the skies will clear. In the meantime it's wo servings of strawberry ice cream  and a dose of THE DONALD... not Donald Duck, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment