Tuesday, February 2, 2016

STRESS

The New York Times carried a great article about Stress on January 19th. The gist of the article is " Listen to your body.". It went further to say "we live in difficult times, as readers of the Times know well. Worries about the state of the world, our safety, our finances, health and more can leada variety of physiological and psychological responses."

Well, my 250 mile t to Boston and Concord, NH, plus watching the returns from Iowa gave me some insight into stress in 2016. The human body is a shock absorber we don't thing much about while riding in cars. I know, I know the newer automobiles and trucks give us rides like floating on a cloud. My 2003 Pontiac is riding like being in a stage coach a Concord coach. I hold my breath when it hits a POT-HOLE..no relations to POT-VIN.

I woke up early, had my usual at Country Corner Coffee Shop and decided not to return to New Hampshire. Not yet. As I told Michelle at Dollar General "I feel like an old man today." I did go about my day of happiness. Clear skies proved the ground hog is a myth. Son Josh did see 5 deer on his estate last night. I usually check in with my boy on Tuesdays and Thursday.

After getting some chowder and potato salad at the Warren Cash Market I decided to tune in You Tube and watch "Eisenhower." Very interesting President and 5 star general. The Late Dick Daoust had an amazing autograph collection if IKE. I recall seeing a letter from Mamie, his wife saying" we are getting letters from people we don't even know!" This is what fame can do.

So as the lights dimmed I sunk into slumber, relaxing for a two part nap. I rid myself of yesterday's stress and found a brand new me. Some folks take a drink or three to cut the edges off of their stress. I once had a boss who said to me "you give the appearance of a drum skin 'up tight." I didn't appreciate the nerd for saying that. Within a month IQ..I quit.. Feb 7, 1977.Mydeclaration of independence.

Harry Truman said 'If you can't stand the heat get the hell out of the kitchen!"

My evening ritual is 6" of hot water and a bar of Ivory Soap  99.44 100%. It floats. Mother used to give my mouth a washing every now and then. But that was in 1948.

And, oh yes, "sex relieves tension".. and so on.

Another blog coming up.  "HUM>"















No comments:

Post a Comment