Sunday, February 28, 2016

IT WAS A GOOD SUNDAY!

Slow to start with, news programs everywhere and no New York Sunday Times so I purchased the Hartford Courant. Three bucks and not worth it. "I want my New York Times." and I found one in Sturbridge...six dollars. The newspaper is good as I enjoy morning up on my writing skills.


Mexican strawberries at Walmart-Ware. A treat. Five bucks. Decent tasting. Splenda added. I drove to Ware to look for wallpaper borders at Lowes. Tacky. I want to define my blue-tango office with some class. At least I have some new ideas on decorating. Maybe tomorrow I will find something in Northampton?






No Ben, no Josh today. My kids are busy with family. I find things to do like taking a nap. Today's weather was superb. It felt like early Spring. Can't wait to resume my walking and getting a dose of sunshine. But the big news was Seton Hall' victory over Xavier U. 90 - 81 in Newark. It was a great game and a wonderful victory to relish. Go Hall! The newspapers may give us some ink tomorrow?!






In watching Donald Trump in the South before a crowd of an amazing 35,000 well-wishers trouble irrupted with some black demonstrators touting clench raised fists. Trump seemed testy  as he dealt with several issues. Then there was a dude wearing an Uncle Sam top hat walking back and forth behind the master.It's almost like the crowds are TOO big. Then The Donald pointed out to thousands left on the outside." Get the fire department to allow them in.


"


Marco Rubio is pontificating on the foibles of Donald Trump. Trump depreciates the Senator's good faith efforts in the campaign.






Tonight, I watched with great interest the ways of a coin dealer. I dug out my Red Book and will reserve judgment with the millions of dollars of silver bullion and Peace Silver Dollars sold. They are shooting fish in a barrel, my friends. I say "buy locally." I have been at coins since 1955 and feel I have an understanding of numismatics. I don't have an understanding of bunions and false teeth, however.






Be sure to leap tomorrow as it will be February 29th. It will not be a blue Monday as I just got off of the phone with Fats Domino. LOL. Mike's comments of the old rockers noted.




















































No comments:

Post a Comment