Tuesday, February 16, 2016

DIRTY POLITICS

I think the President is getting a good run for his money; I think Donald Trump is getting a good run for his money. The diatribe of the two means a vicious race toward the White House. Donald Trump has a personality and a persona second to none.

Today went from zero to fifty or so. The snow melted like a cheeseburger in paradise. I went to the big city of Worcester on "Official Business." Worcester is near and dear to me spanning my lifetime from eating at the Hong Fong in the forties and fifties and sixties and more. As a country boy from the Brookfields I grew and I grew and I grew. through Worcester Junior College where many of my credits were transferred to Saint Louis U. Had to go one more semester at SLU.

Employment at Aetna Life and Casualty from 1965 to 1972 save my Army time taught me to buy good clothes at LuJon Men's Fine Clothes. Today I walked by the vacant real estate on Pleasant Street relishing my memories of John Isralian. I still own a blue window pane blazer made of fine Italian silk bought about 2004.

Son Ben has a picture of me holding him with a tan designer suit from 1973. Those were the days in Scituate. Men's fashions today seem to be out in left field! Okay, okay, I still enjoy good clothes.
 sans neckties!

Page views were up by 19 today. In the depth of winter I look for things to do. Tomorrow I'll go to Leeds and buy a new Vietnam Veteran ball cap for Spring.

No Josh this morning. He's a busy man... busy husband.. busy dad. The debate of CNN gives me entertainment between naps. LOL. I am beginning to envy all Snow Birds wherever you might be. Saw the Red Sox manager on NESN today. I suppose baseball games will be starting soon.

Weatherman Pete Bouchard is now on NECN. Pete's a good guy with a plausible style of broadcast meteorology. Today the advancing technologies dazzle me. I would have been a good weatherman if only I understood  higher math. No go. I have actually enjoyed my Geography/Political Science training coupled with my Business career  of, auctioneering/appraising/adjusting antics! LOL.

So now, two weeks from today,
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
Mount Washington  6'288 above sea level

 
 
 

 
 
 




DAD, BEN, JOSH
we'll be marching into March. Thank God. Maybe, just maybe, the worst of winter is behind us.

1 comment:

  1. Bob. "Higher math" is stuff you've been doing all your life, but poor math teachers didn't bother to logically connect the Greek symbols so they seem mysterous.

    ReplyDelete