Friday, February 26, 2016

AFFECTIONALLY, ANTOINE "FATS" DOMINO

I was in the eighth grade at St. Joseph School, North Brookfield, Mass. when I first heard the name Fats Domino. Cousin Paul Kizzle and I compared notes on this new type of music called Rock N Roll. We were amused by all of the newcomers to life's stage from Pat Boone to Bill Haley. We were teeniboppers looking for love.






Sock hops prevailed at the monstrosity of a town hall. We literally danced in our socks.Behind all of this din came The Fat Man from New Orleans.There was something unique Fats Domino. Maybe his square hair do/ Maybe his belly fat? Maybe his Jambalaya? Maybe his blueberry hill? Mr. Domino played a mean keyboard with his stubby hands from heaven. All I know is I love Fats Domino.


At age 88 today, the fat man lives. His songs are immortal and appeal to all of humankind in the Western Hemisphere. I have a tired old LP somewhere in my maze of stuff and it will take me tomorrow to find my favorite record: Fats Domino. This blog is now amended.. I know you will enjoy reminiscing the hits of the man who gave us rock and roll.


Isn't it wonderful to vave Uncle Fats Domino in our advancing years. He da man!


So here goes some memories of The Fat Man: 1. Ain't That A Shame 2. I'm In Love Again 3. Blueberry Hill 4. Blue Monday 5. I'm Walkin 6. Whole Lotta of Lovin 7. I Want To Walk You Home
8. I'm Gonna Be A Wheel Someday 9. Walking to New Orleans 10. Let the Four Winds Blow 11. Jambalya (On The Bayou.


How's that...Fats lives in New Orleans!

1 comment: