Saturday, February 13, 2016

EXTREME COLD WEATHER

I was all over Western Mass today. "Johnson" showed up early and it was 'North by Northwest.' It was a refreshing visit as there wasn't any gambling involved. Maybe Dick has turned a new leaf? But the news of the day was the cold. Sifting snows slowed the human machines down a bit. All I know is I delight in wearing layers of wool and cotton.

It was dirty laundry in Warren. The day went by smoothly.

My next trip was to Bradley Field to pick up my munchkins. .Josh , Heidi, Chase, Lily, Madeline and Evelyn. The airport was hopping and I got smart and wrote down my parking location. No more guess work and confusion for me. Also, I brought three blankets and afghans for those who might find the cold weather obliterating. Man is it cold.

The trip for pick up went as planned. By the time it was sunset there wasn't any temperature..it was ZERO. Tonight sub-zero temperatures and attendant northwest winds are for the birds though there aren't any robins to be found.

The hot air from Washington, DC continues. I can only take so much. Minus 7 degrees as I write at 10:18 PM. It is so sad to think of those who are homeless in the cities across America. People will freeze to death. I don't agree with the naysayers who say the homeless have mental problems. It is us who are secure who have the problems,


BATES OBSERVATORY 


Add caption

 
THE POPE



FOG WARNING  WINSLOW HOMER 


TAXACHUSETTS
 
 
 
perhaps.

I see where the Pope is in Mexico. Interesting.

A couple of more days of biting cold. 50s on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment