Monday, February 15, 2016

TRUMP AS A HEAVYWEIGHT

Donald J. Trump, Presidential candidate is truly a heavyweight. He is one that possesses great power, prominence and stature. Donald Trump is the Mummed Ali of the political arena. Trump seems to be everything deflecting pejorative shots from reporters in South Carolina to slamming his oppositions. I think America loves it as this is refreshing and not costing the American people anything but their time.

Television networks and social media connects thrive on Donald Trump. All other candidates pale compared to The  Donald. Trump is one strong dude with the deepest of pockets. He is truly a showman of the highest order. I wish him well...today, tonight and tomorrow.

My Presidents Day was spent watching the Vietnam war hearings of 1966 on C-Span. It is amazing to witness the lies of Dean Rusk in front of a huge Congressional audience. I watched this intently as 1966 was the year I got drafted. How our Country could fall prey to all of the untruths about Indochina. And to think we were so vulnerable, we were in the façade of Communism as the enemy. LOL.

As a Nation, we sunk and we sunk and  we sunk. The Military Industrial Complex delighted in the manufacturer of arms & planes and $$$$$$$$$$$$$. I recall cashing in Savings Bonds for  relatives dated 1967. The inordinately   high interest rates revealed the funding of the Vietnam War. We paid with lives, blood and a counterculture that ruined my Country.

Forty-eight years ago yesterday (1968) I returned home unscathed to the green, green, grass of home. No guilt or remorse as I served my Country. I was age 25, educated, and yes, worldly. I was prepared to live my life intently. No baggage. I maintained "women and kids would go before me." I had money saved and treated my folks to a brand new Zenith color console television.

My coming home party held in the garage of my parents proved to be a ruckus. Vietnam opposition happened between Uncle Albert (WW II) and Gerald D. Reilly... although Reilly had served in the Navy, he opposed Vietnam. It went down hill from there.

Vietnam war will never disappear. It is a study in lies. Over 58,000 deaths and nightmares.  I am living a good life and a full life. Not so many can claim this.


 
 
 






ANH  1998 SAIGON 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
COLORED TV  1968  $700
 
 
 


SAW HIM ONCE
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
WHERE I WAS STATIONED
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment