Monday, February 1, 2016

ME AND TONY ORLANDO

I learned one very important thing living in Wyoming.  Celebrities and rock stars were at my beck and call. In July, 1999. Frontier Days had a star studded menu of the Beach Boys, Reba, Chris LeDoux and others. I was in my glory. Better yet, later, a Cheyenne billboard featured the name of TONY ORLANDO! I got excited as Son Ben and I "danced" to "Tie A Yellow Ribbon Around the Ole Oak Tree." when Ben was 18 months old. Over and over I played Tony Orlando. Now I would meet The Man!




Mr. Orlando is a fabulous showman with more battle scars of life than many. Tony Orlando is in the leagues of George M. Cohan in this spirited rendition of 'Tie A Yellow Ribbon".... It seems wars bring out the best in many Americans... and yes..the worse..


 My Tony Orlando story has great merit.




After Tony's show of dancing on table tops enthusiastically he returned back stage. I seized this once-in-a-lifetime chance to relate to Tony Orlando how Son Ben requested over and over again.. "OAK TREE SONG, DADDY." Never would I be the same again. Tony Orlando sported a $1,000 suede western jacket with dangling fringes. I weakened.




I got an autograph and a hand-written message from Tony Orlando" Remember the Oak Tree Song, Ben?!" This one song relates "HOPE, HOMECOMING, REUNION and RENEWAL."  Now, Savannah Hope Potvin will have a chance to request her Daddy to play ''Oak Tree Song. Daddy.


 Tony O. you are a good man... Keep going!     Thanks Tony.     Your friend, Bob












No comments:

Post a Comment