Thursday, February 18, 2016

TIME WITH MY GRANDSON, CHASE ROBERT

I was in Sturbridge shopping when my SmartPhone rang. It was son Josh. Can you take Chase for a couple hours was Josh's question?  "Yes," I replied and headed back to West Brookfield. This is vacation week for the kids and things unfolded nicely for me and the boy. Chase was happy and so was I!

Initially he sat down at my new computer and played a few games. Then the real fun began.

Recently I bought a couple of "juicers" to make orange juice. The smaller one has a yellow plastic top. I had two bags of oranges in my refrigerator. But first, Chase delighted in making a concoction  of mustard, tomato juice and the like and blended stuff in a thick paste. It tasted awful so I set the grown ruled: "I will teach you how to squeeze juice oranges. It worked. We had Navel oranges coming out of our ears.

I employed my larger glass squeezer with a handle as Chase squeezed his own. We went through some 22 oranges and delighted in the fresh flavor of a squeezed orange. We spoke about citrus fruits. .lemons, limes and grapefruits. It worked. Then I asked my grandson if he wanted to wash my silver Grand AM. He said "it's too cold outside, Pops." I retorted saying the car wash in Warren has a power spray. Chase was game!

We went to Warren where I inserted $3.00 in quarters. My car wasn't that dirty so I handed him the "wand" and explained how squeezing the handle gave a power spray out the nozzle. The boy was thrilled with this new experience. Afterwards we wiped the car down with an old bath towel. I explained the importance of having a clean car and said "you will be driving a car in a few short years."

Teaching kids the importance of things such as making orange juice and washing cars instills industry. He liked it; I liked it.

Then we went to Dollar General in Brookfield. Chase guided me in Bounty paper towels and had a York Patty.I explained how I used to have a patty every afternoon and of recent times I don't have them. I explained how I have Diabetes Type 2, take medication and limit my sweets to freshly squeezed OJ and strawberry ice cream. I still am weak with a "sweet tooth."

I made a small gift of a colored pencil set and a miniature phonograph pencil sharpened. He was pleased; I was pleased.

We talked about the Pope and Donald Trump. The kid understands.

My Thursday was well above average and was worth crowing about. How was yours? We had brilliant sunshine in more than one way!
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 





 
 
 

 
 
 


 
 
 


 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment