Saturday, February 27, 2016

BUDDY HOLLY

"In just eighteen months , Buddy Holly recorded 9 top ten smash hits. He was ahead of his time. He died before his time. His music lives on." My Buddy Holly LP cost me $18 a few years back. It is that valuable to me here in advancing years. His music is immortal. So are my memories of the advent or Rock n Roll.


As this new fad emerged in our society I was hip. I'm glad I was hip as Buddy Holly rings true in my spirit. Some of his songs are adapted to easy listening.others are toe-tapping which shows age has really nothing to do with good living. I don't do Judge Judy or so much of the other stuff they call entertainment. I am a purist. Buddy Holly's music fits the bill.


Here ae twenty songs for your pleasure. 1.That'll Be The Day. 2. "Peggy Sue"3.  "Words of Love" 4. Everyday 5. Note Fade Away. 6. "Oh Boy" 7. "Maybe Baby" 8."Listen To Me"  9. Heartbeat 10. "Think It Over"


11. It Doesn't Matter Anymore 12. "It's So Easy" 13. "Well...Alright" 14. "Rave On" 15. "Raining Inn My Heart 16. "True Love Ways" 17. "Peggy Sue Got Married' 18. "Bo Diddley" 19 "Brown Eyed Handsome Man" 20. "Wishing"..


Your favorite? Mine "'Raining In My Heart."


Playing 45rpm records was fun at North Brookfield High School at noon as my classmates danced; playing records tonight as I do my swan song to February 2016 is even better.. "Rave On!"















1 comment:

  1. Easy to love Holly's stuff----he is a true legend......check his biography film starring Gary Busey!

    ReplyDelete