Saturday, February 6, 2016

NONE OF THE ABOVE!

It has been a good day and a long day for me. I took the "Birch Hill gang" to Bradley Field without incident. How nice for my family to have a mid-winter respite. Everyone needs a vacation regardless of age. I thing a vacation cleanses our souls of ennui. Me? I'm ready for a trip to Charlotte, NC one of these months.

I did go to the estate sale in Sturbridge and splurged spending $11.00 on maybe 11 items. From a Walkman CD player to postcards of the supersonic Concord and the Super Fortress B-29 I had fun. I have never seen such an array of "conspicuous consumption." I always look for trends in our social make-up. Never have I seen such an agglomeration of stuff from soup to nuts. I did find many maps and atlases for a song. An OREK Temperature rang my chimes.

The day was very cold yet sunny. The maple syrup folks will like this weather.

As far as New Hampshire Politics go.. the innocent NH Primary of 1952 has turned into a blitz of celebrities  and also rans. I'm just waiting for the horse to gain a gallop. Tuesday night will be like Churchill Downs.

As far as bombers go, the Enola Gay Special has the dubious distinction of seeing almost 4,000 made by Boeing The military might of America  is defined by our bombers. "Bombs Away with General Curtiss Lemay! I am becoming more and more of a pacifist with every day I live.

I repeat "None of the Above!"





No comments:

Post a Comment