Sunday, February 21, 2016

WORDSMITH - A SKILLFULL WRITER

You betcha..I am a wordsmith and I love it. Son Ben and I banter words around to our advantages. Some folks enjoy doing crosswords; I enjoy writing letters. I have always enjoyed writing letters and have had great successes from the rich and famous. Writing comes natural to me from an early letter to Don Kent, meteorologist to LBJ while in the U.S. Army. Casey Kasem acknowledged our 4 letters by reading them on the air with our "Long Distance Dedications."
On AT Top 40. and Senator Teddy Kennedy..

You will be amazed how quick some people respond. It takes a reasonably profound message to get to their souls. George H.W. Bush, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Lyndon B. Johnson and others wrote me either by a representative or the real deal: an autographed letter. "Letter writing is the only device for combining solitude with good company"  Byron

But the gist of my blog is having a way with words. I never rewrite or proof my creations as I try to write from the heart. Also, negative letters don't get it. I don't know if the recipients or their secretaries are afraid to tell me to go to hell? I think volumes of mail are overwhelming...but maybe not. Just try it!

Today, I have crafted materials and am sending them to Donald J. Trump in his New York Office. I have jumped on his bandwagon and have volunteered my services to my Country. You can laugh.. I don't care. I do know the burden of the Presidency is overwhelming and my Vietnam veteran and business credentials to include blogging may just be what the doctor ordered. Somebody, at some point, may find my correspondence alluring? We'll see.

For whatever. "here's a heart for every fate" as Lord Byron once wrote. He also wrote "If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad!" It was Frank Cooke's attraction to Byron's poetry that catapulted me big time in letter writing. And the beat goes on, e-mails and all. Bon soir!


 
Frank Cooke

 
 
My signing Teddy Keennedy's Book

 
 
My Cover Creation

 
 
 
Casey Kasem  DJ




 
My First Book

 
 
Connie Mack Letter to Mr. Drake

 
 
Connie Mack Letter to Martin D. Leach

 
 
My Second Book

 
My Vanity & Love

LBJ & ME

Sons Ben & Josh



 
Take Your Pick!

 
 
SETON HALL U.

 
 
 
 
My Favorite Calvin

No comments:

Post a Comment