Wednesday, November 14, 2018

MY VETERAN AFFAIRS TODAY

Another good day! Colder than you know what and productive in every aspect.

First, came the 30 mile journey to Plantation Street and the VA. These facilities are "top shelf" and the audiologist was terrific. The hearing exam was comprehensive and state of the art. I sat in a sound-proof room with ear phones and listened for nascent sounds.. like distant birdies chirping!. Seriously, Meghan Williams, AuD took time to teach me all about loss of hearing. My profile is recorded on the computer showing where I lack hearing.

While I may warrant a hearing aide I have 6 months to decide. Attorney Bill Gross lamented his "getting use of his Aide. several months back. I will take his council then decide! The Government pays for hearing aids to us vets.

I also learned of the Annual Fall Job Fair this Friday  at the Auburn/Webster Lodge of Elks. There's a formidable listing of companies in attendance.
 I will attend this with interest as I have an inkling somebody will be looking to hire a spokesman!.. Well versed as I am  I WILL GIVE THINGS THE OLD COLLEGE TRY! I love speaking in the public and have the track record to prove it!


VETERANS TAKE NOTE

On Tuesday Veterans Inc. 69 Grove Street, Worcester, will be holding their HOLIDAY HARVEST. "doors open at 7:00 Am with registration beginning at 8am. Distribution of food will be from 10am to 2pm. Open to in-need Veterans and their family members proof will be required.. either a DD-214 or VA card. For information contact (800) 482-2565.

We are "all in this together" and outpouring generosity is appreciated!

Then, when I arrived home after traveling some 75+ miles I was greeter by three books I wrote some years ago! The three binders took me by surprise as I wrote these in the 90s: "ROOF-TOPS, GAVELS and GOLD." this is good as my creative juices began to flow!  It'll take me several days to review these.

I also traveled to Staples-Southbridge  and chatted with Savannah. 'Coming along.!

So now I relax and will enjoy some YouTube.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
AUTHOR
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA



No comments:

Post a Comment