Tuesday, November 20, 2018

'BUTTERBALL BOB'

My bird weighs nearly 15 pounds! Yes, it is a Butterball received at the Veterans congre3gation on Grove St. Worcester. I got there early and was #24. I met several soldiers from Southbridge and Worcester. By the time the food was allotted there may have been several hundred men and women. I did not recognize anyone from The Brookfields.

In addition to Tom Turkey we were given a Dole Pineapple. a Pecan Pie, Apples, oranges, sweet potatoes, stuffing and much more. It was my honor to be a recipient of food at Thanksgiving ( or as the young folks say Friends Giving!

Next stop was the dermatologist at the VA at 55 Lake Ave. My concerns about a rash were abated by a physical exam and two prescriptions. It seems my skin is as dry as a box of Shredded Wheat! Itchy. itchy, scratch scratch.

The dismal weather continues. Fasten your seatbelts for a January day on Thanksgiving. Unbelievable weather patterns in America.

Last night I watched part of the Smithsonian special on CHINA! WOW.
Jeopardy is fun watching the bright young ladies excel.

Must keep on working on the sale of my story.. ONE LUCKY SOLDIER.. and you better believe I am one lucky soldier when I look around!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
THE CONTENT
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA




No comments:

Post a Comment